In Path of Exile, many players sometimes may don’t know why they always die. Actually, it is not so complicated. Understanding the cause of your death in game and trying to avoid it will help you achieve greater success.
You are going to die and it’s usually because:
1. You got surrounded by mobs and everything hit you at once. Use movements skills like flame dash to get out of mobs.
2. You weren’t paying attention to boss mechanics.
3. You weren’t paying attention to your debuffs and didn’t have ways to mitigate them. Usually, this is bleed or freezing and people run flasks that cure them.
4. You didn’t stack resistances and obliterated by elemental attacks. One big example is the boss fight with Innocence. It’s worth to read the wiki page on the kind of attacks as the boss does and stack resistances for that fight.
5. You don’t have the gem setup so your main skill isn’t linked with the necessary support gems. One time I gave a Tabula Rasa to a friend. He stuck random gems in there and wondered why he wasn’t doing any damage.
Understanding your build can go a long way to improving your play. For example, when you are starting out you don’t have the gear with the right links and stats. You have to compromise and prioritize things which you can only do if you understand the build.
When you encounter some problems that you don’t understand in the game, please don’t panic, you can log in our official website on https://www.u4gm.com/path-of-exile, there are some guides and news related to the Path of Exile for beginners.